Ingredients (serves 20)
2/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
1/2 cup chopped dried strawberries
1/2 cup chopped dried mango
2/3 cup red glace cherries, halved
1/2 cup chopped dried peaches
1/4 cup limoncello liqueur (see note)
200g butter, softened
3/4cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour, sifted
3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup brazil nuts
1/3 cup dry-roasted hazelnuts
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1/4 cup pistachio nuts
Warmed honey, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and side with 3 sheets baking paper.
2. Combine pineapple, strawberry, mango, cherries, peach and limoncello in a bowl.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Stir in pineapple mixture. Stir in flours. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Top with nuts, pressing down lightly to secure.
4. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean (cover cake loosely with foil after 45 minutes to avoid nuts burning).
5. Turn covered cake upside-down onto a board. Cool overnight. Place cake, right side up, on plate. Brush with warmed honey. Serve.
If limoncello is unavailable you could use lemon juice or orange juice instead.